Sunday, July 19, 2009

Black Bean Café


Regensburg, Germany is a city located in the provence of Bavaria. On a map you can find this quaint, river town on the southwest part of Germany. To the left of the river is the "Old Town," where all the festivals take place, and where the favorite cafés and gelatarias can be located. It is such a fun town. Along the right side of the river is our hostel, where we sit in class from 8:30am to 3:30 pm. At this point in the trip, I'm exhausted, and the class schedule has only gotten more tough! My day starts with waking up at 7am, to go get breakfast at 7:30. After this, I sit in Apologetics (taught by Dr. O'neal) till 12. We all get an hour lunch break, and then we start up in class again till 3:30pm, which for me is Pauline Epistles I (taught by Dr. Johnson). It is very tiring, and I almost fall asleep in class probably every 10 minutes, but I'm learning a TON! And once class is over, I usually go for a run around the river, and it immediately wakes me up, and rejuvenates me! Nights in Regensburg are usually spent riding bikes around the city, trying to find a hole in the wall cafe...like the one I'm at right now. Black Bean Café is tucked away in a little alley, surrounded by cobblestone and favorite hang out spots for the locals. In Germany, Regensburg is BY FAR my favorite city that we've been to. Every weekend there is something going on. Last weekend it was a Jazz festival, and there is some other festival going on this weekend. It is a romantic town, with lovers sitting on the edge of the river at every hour of the day, and into the night. In the middle of the city is a huge, Gothic cathedral, and all around are littler cathedrals and old buildings that have been around for ages. It's so awesome to come to these cities, and explore what each of them have! I love it here, but I am definitely ready to go home. The room that I'm staying in in the hostel is cramped and hot, and the rigorous schedule is wearing me out! I'm probably not the most pleasant person to be around sometimes, because of my lack of sleep, but I'm trying to enjoy everyday, and explore Germany before I head back to America. All I have is two weeks left! This summer FLEW by so fast. I can't believe it's almost over. I've been able to make so many memories, that I can't wait to share with people when I get back!
I hope this note finds you well!
Love you and miss you,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment