Thursday, July 2, 2009

Well, I realize it's been a while since my last post...but I have been holding off for these pictures to upload, but they keep failing me. The internet here SUCKS! My parents can attest to that. We tried to call each other on Skype the other night, and it was SO choppy and our connection kept failing. LAME! Oh well...soon though, I promise!
So, as I have said before, I REALLY enjoy Regensburg. The city here is awesome. It reminds me a lot of Zurich. It has three rivers, and an old town on the one side of the rivers, and a more residential area on the other. The old town has really tight streets, and little hole-in-the-wall leather shops and restaurants. Speaking of leather shops, John and I went wandering around town the other day, and stumbled upon this tiny shop, and in the window were some sweet looking messenger bags. So we stopped to have a look. When we walked in, a man with loooonnnggg white hair, pulled back in a pony tail, and little spectacles, greeted us with some cheerful German words, and a beautiful smile. As we were looking around at the bags, both John and I just found THE perfect bags for each other. We couldn't pass up the opportunity! You guys have to see these bags...I mean...I'm sure you will someday. But they are both from World War II, and John's has an emblem stamped into his with the Swiss flag, and the name of the soldier that owned it! They were really cheap too...the guy that owned the shop gave us a good deal, because we weren't French or Israeli...! So we scored!

So overall, I'm a happy camper. The food at this hostel is AMAZING, Regensburg is awesome, AND this session of summer school is almost over, and then me and John are off to Bonn!!! We leave Saturday, and when we arrive there, we are having a 4th of July grill out! A little taste of America!! It's going to be fantastic. I'm really looking forward to the week off. It's much needed. I'm tired. These teachers are wearing us out...but it's been great! I'm half way done with my trip, so that means California is coming soon!!!

Alright, well I'm gonna go to bed...I hope my writing is coherent...whatever. GOOD NIGHT! Pictures soon to come... I really really promise!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment