Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Journeys in Nürnberg

Well hello everyone! I have internet!! woo hoooooo! So that means you all get to see the wonderful place that I am at. How fortunate. Well, before I do that, I just wanna give you guys some update on my second full day here in Germany:
For dinner tonight, we had something other than ham and cheese. That was wonderful! After that was over, I stopped by the bank with John, to pick up some Euros, in hopes that I could go to the store...but...unfortunately, everything closes at 8 in this town. But now we are back, tired, and worn out from a long day of school, homework, and wandering around the castle. This place is beautiful! And it's a hostel! Like I said in my previous post, we are staying in the stables of an old medieval castle, so this afternoon, John and I decided to take a little adventure through the stone walk ways and the gardens that wind around the castle. It's so beautiful. I took a TON of pictures, so I'm gonna post a couple for you all to see so you may share in the experience with me. Well, mom, dad, Daniel, friends, etc. I miss you all so very much! But now here is a little excerpt from the Mr. John Rainey:
Hello all of the readers of Jenna's blog. I am really quite sleepy, so, I may not have much to write. But I suppose I could tell you a little bit of the amazing time I am having in this wonderful country. This is the first time I have left the grand ole' red, white, and blue, so I am very much like a child in a candy shop. I love the architecture that Nurnberg has to offer. Today, while I was looking for a gift for my Father, I had the most interesting, enjoyable, incomprehensible conversation ever. While in this small shop, I was speaking with a man that knew no English. He was an old man, maybe of the age of 72. As we looked at the beer steins, we exchanged smiles and spoke our own languages, knowing that neither of us understood the other. But, I enjoyed making a connection, from American to German. It was splendid. Class has been good. I am exhausted. I have been sleeping well, to say the least. Ok. I think this is all for now. I miss my family. And, I yearn to play the guitar. My time will come soon, hopefully...ok. Good bye. 
Love,
j and j.
Wandering down the main street.
The Catholic Cathedral in town.

Up to the castle!

Journey in the gardens

Overlooking the castle grounds

Doors leading to...the...dungeon?

Just passing through the castle!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! What a beautiful place you guys get to stay in. The gardens inspire me to go pull some weeds!! What a blessing for you to get to be there!! God is sooo good! Love you and miss you, too! Give John a hug from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a fairy tale! I deleted my previous comment because it said "tail" instead of tale.

    anyways, the pictures are wonderful!

    I miss you woman,
    love, aline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenna! I love your blog and your photos are wonderful. Am praying for you guys, what an awesome opportunity you have. Look forward to seeing what the Lord does. Love, Shirley

    ReplyDelete