Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lessons

I woke up today feeling refreshed from a full night of sleep. This is the first in the past two months. The beds are quite hard in the hostels we are staying in, but for some reason, last night, I was KNOCKED OUT! It may have been from my experiment with sleeping on my stomach, or just from complete exhaustion and lack of sleep. Either way, I have reached an amazing level of energy and attention span today...it's wonderful. 
While being here in Germany for the past 3 1/2 weeks, I have come to realize that people, when not on their best behavior, can be obnoxious. Please do not think that I am excluding myself from this generalization, but, this trip has opened my eyes to the annoyingness of other people, along with myself. Bus rides and touring through cities with a large group of 25 people has made me see this in clear view! The lessons I have learned in the classroom so far are amazing, and something that I am so grateful for that I can get through my education at Moody, but slowly, I am becoming thankful for the people around me that are allowing me to learn these wonderful lessons of patience and tolerance and "sucking it up"! I've never been good at this, and I hope that I can get better at it over the next couple of weeks. 
I don't know why I decided to write this to all of you...I hope you know that I am also having a WONDERFUL time with the people here on this trip! I've made such good friendships and memories...it's just there are those times...ya know?
Anyways. I hope to have some pictures of Wittenberg and Berlin posted for you guys! I pray this post finds you all well and enjoying summer!!

j

4 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you're learning so much! God will definetly continue to refine you in the areas that you need to....

    I'm praying for you!

    love,

    aline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post!! Your honesty is awesome!! And, as your momma I am proud of you for growing in this area!! Thanks for writing this, you are not the only one who struggles with this. Someone once said "Annoying people are the tools in Gods hand to keep us humble".

    Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your heart. It is very compelling stuff-especially since I think about people that way myself.

    And thanks for the Father's day gift

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments guys! i miss all three of you TONS!...

    ps. dad-
    hahahha sorry for the early father's day wishing...people kept telling me it was the first week in july! and i hope that you know that a beerstein isn't all you guys are getting from the deuschtland!

    love!

    ReplyDelete