Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Studying Luther...where Luther studied.

Family and Friends,

I am writing to from a hostel connected to the church where Martin Luther posted his 95 theses, in Wittenberg, Germany. It's amazing to walk around in this quaint, little town, full of Gelaterias and souvenir shops, to think that 500 years ago, Martin Luther treaded on the same paths as I am now. Today we toured the town, and made a stop into his house, and saw where most of his writings and "table talks" took place. What a great experience. While we have been here, both John and I have been in class in the morning, learning about the Reformation, and then touring through Wittenberg where the stuff in the text books actually took place! Tomorrow we head out for a day trip to Berlin! Exciting stuff right there!
Im not gonna write much more, because I will probably do another update tomorrow, but I just wanted to add that both John and I miss our family and friends a bunch, and wish that you could all experience this with us. It is fantastic! I hope and pray that all of you are having an enjoyable summer...for my family...enjoying the beach (lucky dogs!)...but just know that we love and miss you all, and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! But, as for now, we're gonna go ahead and enjoy Germany for a bit longer. I wish I could upload some pics of Wittenberg, but the internet is beinger REAL slow...but maybe tomorrow I'll be able to.
Good bye for now!
j

No comments:

Post a Comment