Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pictures Pictures Pictures!

Greetings from Zurich!
We arrived here in Zurich, Switzerland...via coach bus... about 3 hours ago. We will be staying here for two nights. So far, I haven't had the best experience with Zurich...I like Geneva WAYYYY better...but maybe I should give it a second chance. Basically the people in Geneva are a lot nicer and pleasant than the people here in Zurich. It's a pretty city though!
SO. As I said, we have made our journeys, starting when we met up with my brother in Rome, all the way up the coast of Italy, through the alps through France, and now, Switzerland. What a beautiful trip! The Alps are just amazing! The air through the Alps and in Switzerland is so clear and fresh...it's wonderful! So in Italy, we had our fill of AMAZING Gelatto! I miss that stuff. Daniel had his fair share of Gelatto, that's for sure ;)... But we had a tiring past couple of days, touring, walking around in the heat of Rome...but all together we've seen some amazing sites! My favorite part of this little trip so far has been going to Geneva. Such a beautiful place... quite expensive though :/
ANYWAYS! I promised you all some photos. I've been taking a LOT! There's just SO much to see over here in Europe!
Hope you enjoy the photos
Love you all
j


Sistine Chapel...look familiar??
This took me a while to take...There were 
HUNDREDS of people bumping into me, and
I had to keep my head extremely straight. My 
neck hurts.
Sistine Chapel again 
Picture at the Colosseum 

Journey through the Alps from Italy to 
Switzerland. BEAUTIFUL!
Aerial view of Lake Geneva
from John Calvin's Church

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe how sunny the weather is is Geneva. It usually is sunny like that only a few days out of the year. Your timing was perfect. As for those grumpy Swiss in Zurich, that sounds more like the Swiss I remember in the 70's. Geneva has changed from a Swiss town to more of an international city over the past few decades. That kind of explains why their more accepting of foreigners. The Swiss have always been a proud and standoff-ish people. But once you get to know them they can be loyal friends.
    The pictures through out your jouney make it look like you've had a ton of fun.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics!!! I miss you guys, it looks like you guys are having a blast! Mas fotos, por favor!! Me gusta mirar donde usted ha estado y qué usted ha estado haciendo!!

    Dios le bendiga,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete