Monday, June 1, 2009

Hallo Freunde und Familie von Deutschland!

Well hello everyone!!
Just to make everyone of you jealous, I am sitting in the stables of an old castle, in Nurnberg, Germany. Yes, I know...The journey to get here was quite tiring and adventurous. It all started with a seven hour flight to London, where all 25 of us (students and professors), sat ourselves down on the floors of the airport for about four hours, and then we took a two hour flight to Munich, which led to a two hour bus ride, which led to a meeting in a castle (which I'm not complaining about), which FINALLY led to some exploring. We are in a BEAUTIFUL city here in Nurnberg! Our hostel (which is an old castle) is located towards the middle of the city, and surrounded by beautiful old buildings and cathedrals. On the outskirts of the city, there is a wall that wraps around the circumfrance, which is about three miles, so when we need to go exploring, all we foreigners have to do is follow the wall and we'll NEVER get lost! It's great! So far for meals, we've had ham and cheese, andddd ham and cheese, OH, and a little bit of nutella. But my tastebuds are happy, that's for sure.
Anyways, I have some reading to do for class tonight before bed, but tomorrow, I will hopefully get some internet for my computer so that I can post some pictures of this place! I hope this note finds you all well. If you think of it, keep us in your prayers...we are all REALLY tired from jet lag, and 7 hours of school a day...and some lack of sleep, but your prayers would be appreciated!


Love,
j

1 comment:

  1. My little uber dersken, hope you are getting some sleep. Enjoy the beauty of the old world. Can't wait to see pictures

    ReplyDelete